Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: Bore Scoring! Who knows for whom the bell tolls...

Post by B3DAWG » Sun May 26, 2019 6:25 am

Just spent a 12+ hour day recording the last three videos in the bore scoring series. Plus, we did a video on the 6 most common myths associated with Bore Scoring. And, a bonus technical video on changing out coil packs. Yep, my car got to be the star! lol :D

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Mon May 27, 2019 3:52 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:24 pm
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:37 am

Ugh, started out as bore scoring then blew up. I'd really like to see some numbers on cars that are still out there by year, but I don't think that's possible. While its true we only hear about the cars with issues and the owners know what Rennlist is, I'd like to confirm that every 996 isn't a ticking time bomb.

Nice candidate for a used motor track car, given that its pretty basic.
Mine has been in the garage waiting for June ever since diagnosed. Going to break it out this weekend for an in-town PCA get together. Keep your fingers crossed that mine doesn't blow up. Really I think gnat is right...probably something else let go and failure not directly related to piston scoring.

Hey Bill,

When is the tow company planning on delivering the C4S at Flat 6? I need to make plans to take it out before they start and warm the tires. :lol:

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon May 27, 2019 4:07 pm

b3freak wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:52 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Mine has been in the garage waiting for June ever since diagnosed. Going to break it out this weekend for an in-town PCA get together. Keep your fingers crossed that mine doesn't blow up. Really I think gnat is right...probably something else let go and failure not directly related to piston scoring.
Hey Bill,

When is the tow company planning on delivering the C4S at Flat 6? I need to make plans to take it out before they start and warm the tires. :lol:
Yeah, not until June 2 around 3a.m. You should be waiting in the unloading area so you get first shot at the burn-outs. Actually, if I were you I would leave home now and just wait until that big orange truck shows up. You never know they might be early! :roll:

Seriously, Jud said it better be there by June 1st! It's all up to Reliable Transport at this point. I'm out as I delivered the car exactly when they showed up.
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 am

Jake has decided to document the process of reconstruction on your C4S, Bill. That's pretty cool. Although I wish I could be there to record it with my professional cameras, but I'm too busy with my FT job. Jake is just going to document it using his iPhone. That still means I'm the man to sort out all the footage. hahaha! This is going to fun watching your car go under the knife!

Hold on to your chair!

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:46 am

That's awesome. Would have been nice if he labeled him as a 996outpost member instead though ;) :lol:

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 am

gnat wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:46 am That's awesome. Would have been nice if he labeled him as a 996outpost member instead though ;) :lol:
Send me a 996outpost sticker and I'll send it to Jud to tape to a window for future videos.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:56 am

32wildbilly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 am
gnat wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:46 am That's awesome. Would have been nice if he labeled him as a 996outpost member instead though ;) :lol:
Send me a 996outpost sticker and I'll send it to Jud to tape to a window for future videos.
PM me your address. I have a couple since I'm a terrible Mod and haven't put them on my cars.

Edit: Just dug them up and I have 2 that I'm happy to pass on to someone that will use them. So if anyone other than Bill wants one, first one to PM me for it can have it.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:27 am

gnat wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:56 am Edit: Just dug them up and I have 2 that I'm happy to pass on to someone that will use them. So if anyone other than Bill wants one, first one to PM me for it can have it.
The one not being reserved for Bill has been claimed.

Hmmm... Maybe I should have asked for bids. Damn it! :( :lol:

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 am

b3freak wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 am Jake has decided to document the process of reconstruction on your C4S, Bill. That's pretty cool. Although I wish I could be there to record it with my professional cameras, but I'm too busy with my FT job. Jake is just going to document it using his iPhone. That still means I'm the man to sort out all the footage. hahaha! This is going to fun watching your car go under the knife!

Hold on to your chair!

Fascinating! I'm following with interest. "And under the seat, we found this Playboy, which has nothing to do with bore scoring, but which was really funny."
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 pm

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 am
Fascinating! I'm following with interest. "And under the seat, we found this Playboy, which has nothing to do with bore scoring, but which was really funny."
SSSHHH! Dammit the wife might read this!!! :lol: