Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: chillin' like a turbro villian!

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 am

B-ran wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 am My car is, sadly, a bit of a poser as well. My tach says GT3. A previous owner had it done, not me. It doesn’t bug me too much though. One time a hillbilly was looking inside my car at a gas station and he said “woooweee, it’s a GT3! So that means it got a Hemi right?” :D :D
Yea, I must admit I always loved the turbo front bumpers and installed one on my last cab. (see pic) But I didn't go around saying it's an actual turbo... anybody with a brain can notice that it's not a wide body or have two iconic air induction ports on the sides... and no, I didn't put "Turbo" on the rear... that would be a serious poser indicator right there. :lol: ha! I may install an aero style bumper with side skirt on my newest 996, but that's way down the road. I'm just enjoying the car for now. :)
996bumperquad.jpg

B-ran

Re: chillin' like a turbro villian!

Post by B-ran » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:50 am

b3freak wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 am
B-ran wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 am My car is, sadly, a bit of a poser as well. My tach says GT3. A previous owner had it done, not me. It doesn’t bug me too much though. One time a hillbilly was looking inside my car at a gas station and he said “woooweee, it’s a GT3! So that means it got a Hemi right?” :D :D
Yea, I must admit I always loved the turbo front bumpers and installed one on my last cab. (see pic) But I didn't go around saying it's an actual turbo... anybody with a brain can notice that it's not a wide body or have two iconic air induction ports on the sides... and no, I didn't put "Turbo" on the rear... that would be a serious poser indicator right there. :lol: ha! I may install an aero style bumper with side skirt on my newest 996, but that's way down the road. I'm just enjoying the car for now. :)

996bumperquad.jpg

I see nothing wrong with that at all! Now if you went around telling everyone “yeah bro, it’s a turbooo” well that would be different. But I’m all for changing things up and doing what pleases you to the car. Purists may make their awkward throat clearing noises, but eh, who gives a shit? If you like it, do it. The original owner of my car spent a lot of money turning a 99 C2 into a .2 GT3 lookalike, including changing the headlights over. Then someone chopped the wing off and left the lil ducktail. I like it. I’d kind of rather have the full GT3 wing, or a bigger ducktail, but she’s unique. My deck lid also did have a GT3 emblem on it at some point, thankfully someone along the line ripped it off.
99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by FRUNKenstein » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 am

Well, the 40th AE cars have turbo front bumpers, so it isn't as if a NB NA 996 never left the factory with that bumper. I think it looked good. But then again, I've got a GT2 "Add On" spoiler on my lowly 996TT, so, there you go.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 am

^ And I have GT3 bits on my Carrera but the important part is the back still says "Carrera" because that's what it is.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 am

OK So it's not all B3. I can't post unless some MOD is playing tricks! Hit submit and bounce to login screen!
Last edited by 32wildbilly on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never gonna make you cry...

Flat6BlahBlah

Post by Flat6BlahBlah » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Tribute cars are apparently frowned upon in the Porsche community, moreso than other brands. But there are still enough slant nose and 930 clones running around leftover from the 1980's that indicates that at one time it was at least more acceptable than it is now. There are also a lot of old Mustang fastbacks that are GT350/GT500 clones, and those guys don't seem to mind. I know that I'd love to have one! But there's just something a little greasy about cosmetic changes accompanied by an emblem swap that's intentionally a seemingly counterfeit move, especially if the performance doesn't match. I love the aesthetics of my GT2 add-ons on my turbo, but I wouldn't swap emblems. I'd feel embarrassed just walking up to it if I did. Buuuut... I have admittedly considered having a "GT6" badge made just to eff with people. To me, these cars are just begging for modifications. I'll have aero lower rockers, a different/updated front bumper and HID headlight conversion on my 99' cab before I'm through with it.

B3DAWG

Re: bluffin with a muffin

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 am OK So it's not all B3. I can't post unless some MOD is playing tricks! Hit submit and bounce to login screen!
hahaha. I love that I'm blamed for any and every weirdness on this forum. But if it were me, I'd be more creative at it. Like hack into your machine at work and wait until you boss is standing over you, then post a live nude shot of some fat chick screaming your name and saying, "Bill, where are you babe?... I'm hot, fluffy, and ready... I'm not bluffin' with this major muffin! Connect that webcam and hurry before I burn!!!"
:lol:

The login thing has been plaguing me since the start of OutPost. ;)

B-ran

Post by B-ran » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:04 pm

b3freak wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 am OK So it's not all B3. I can't post unless some MOD is playing tricks! Hit submit and bounce to login screen!
hahaha. I love that I'm blamed for any and every weirdness on this forum. But if it were me, I'd be more creative at it. Like hack into your machine at work and wait until you boss is standing over you, then post a live nude shot of some fat chick screaming your name and saying, "Bill, where are you babe?... I'm hot, fluffy, and ready... I'm not bluffin' with this major muffin! Connect that webcam and hurry before I burn!!!"

Kind of feels like you’ve done this before... or spent a rather large amount of time plotting this.
99 C2 Aero that had its fried eggs surgically removed by a previous owner.

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 am

B-ran wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:04 pm
b3freak wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 pm hahaha. I love that I'm blamed for any and every weirdness on this forum. But if it were me, I'd be more creative at it. Like hack into your machine at work and wait until you boss is standing over you, then post a live nude shot of some fat chick screaming your name and saying, "Bill, where are you babe?... I'm hot, fluffy, and ready... I'm not bluffin' with this major muffin! Connect that webcam and hurry before I burn!!!"

Kind of feels like you’ve done this before... or spent a rather large amount of time plotting this.
Wouldn't be an entirely impossible thing to do when you have the resources that I have around me, but honestly, I wouldn't dare do it, I'm trying my best to stay out of trouble. My close friend worked in networking and programming. Was considered the wiz-kid of computers. That guy could literally hack into any computer around. Watched him do it. Crazy.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 am

b3freak wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Work...what is this word work you speak of...?
Never gonna make you cry...