Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by gnat » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 am

Einsteiger wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:18 am Half the time I don't know what the hell anyone is talking about. I've not been a forum member long enough to be familiar with all the inside history and Rennlist references. 8-)
We'd like to point you to the condensed history of hilarity on Rennlist (dammit) (p.s. don't type Rennlist, type "that other site" instead ;)), but some Mods over there have sticks up their asses and binned that most wonderful thread. They claimed that it violated their TOS (which it did), but there were and still are plenty of other threads spread across the site that are of a similar vein :roll:

Crash course primer:
1) Make sure to properly spell breaks and calipers when talking about certain maintenance items. Schelly LOVES that.
2) Schnelly also LOVES when you call your tires shoes.
3) He also appreciates talk of ones stable.
4) I believe that cedar was determined to be the best break pad material since it smells the best.
5) I can't remember if it was decided that coconut or peanut oil was determined to have the best IMSB protection benefits.
6) Lots of discussion about the best places to obtain unicorn semen and blinker fluid.
7) The current topic is referencing a thread someone started about where to put their phone in the 996. Much to the chagrin of some people that thread took a LONG time to die (and it would still pop up from time to time before we bailed) and contained some great gems (including my wife chiming in to point out that I don't have a 996 (it is hers), my car does have places to put my phone, and she keeps hers in her cleavage :lol: ).
8) JI is Johnny Irish who is a mediocre (I'm being nice) writer in CA who was doing his best to bankrupt himself by pouring his life savings into flipping Porsche after Porsche at a loss. After each sale we would get multi page screeds claiming things like the 996 is the new 993 or the Tiptronic is better than the PDK.
9) "KK" is something we don't discuss around these parts as it tends to cause a sharp rise in blood pressure.
10) Martin is an engine builder that fancies himself as a competitor of Jake (he's not) and sells budget engine rebuilds with a roller bearing IMSB replacement. He has been sued by Porsche twice for trademark infringement because the original name of his shop was Porscheland and his response to the first lawsuit was to rename his business to Forscheland. His pissing contests with Jake on Rennlist (dammit) were priceless, but he didn't limit his stupidity to just Jake as he once insulted another forum member and posted information about his family (that finally got him banned from Rennlist (dammit)).

Those are just some of the highlights, there was lots of other stuff too.

Einsteiger

Post by Einsteiger » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:45 am

On the practical side, it does make it easier to get them for the grandkids-that way they get to order what they want. No returning clothes, etc. We stopped gifting among the adults because it had become just a currency exchange.

Today or tomorrow will be a fairly lengthy 996 outing followed by a decent wash in the driveway. My kind of holiday
Kevin
1999 C2 - Vesuvio Metallic
OP Kansas

Kalashnikov
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by Kalashnikov » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 am

32wildbilly wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:58 am
Kalashnikov wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:26 am You are fake news spreading W. A. Clark follower... What about the caption about cup holders being the only place to store your phone?
This W.A. Clark?
William Andrews Clark Sr. (January 8, 1839 – March 2, 1925) was an American politician and entrepreneur, involved with mining, banking, and railroads.[2]
Since he died in 1925 I doubt he spread any "fake news" about the 992!
Yes. Got to know the background. W.A. Clark... Owned all land in Las Vegas, hence Clark County. And he was the fake news man of his day. Read up about his senatorial bids.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:38 am

Kalashnikov wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 am Yes. Got to know the background. W.A. Clark... Owned all land in Las Vegas, hence Clark County. And he was the fake news man of his day. Read up about his senatorial bids.

FUN FACT. My Grandpa's family squatted in one of his homes in Montana during the depression. My family still has some of his art and one of his tables. :mrgreen:

One of my mother's cousins has all of it, according to my grandpa.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:44 am

gnat wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 am
Einsteiger wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:18 am Half the time I don't know what the hell anyone is talking about. I've not been a forum member long enough to be familiar with all the inside history and Rennlist references. 8-)
We'd like to point you to the condensed history of hilarity on Rennlist (dammit) (p.s. don't type Rennlist, type "that other site" instead ;)), but some Mods over there have sticks up their asses and binned that most wonderful thread. They claimed that it violated their TOS (which it did), but there were and still are plenty of other threads spread across the site that are of a similar vein :roll:

Crash course primer:
10) Martin but he didn't limit his stupidity to just Jake as he once insulted another forum member and posted information about his family (that finally got him banned from Rennlist (dammit)).

Almost got his azz whipped by said forum member, which I wouldn't have blamed him one bit. Some here talked him down off of that ledge.
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:11 am

32wildbilly wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:44 am
gnat wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 am

Crash course primer:
10) Martin but he didn't limit his stupidity to just Jake as he once insulted another forum member and posted information about his family (that finally got him banned from Rennlist (dammit)).

Almost got his azz whipped by said forum member, which I wouldn't have blamed him one bit. Some here talked him down off of that ledge.
I didn't know it went that far. Glad it didn't go that far, but I would have chipped in on bail!

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:00 am

gnat wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:11 am
32wildbilly wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:44 am

I didn't know it went that far. Glad it didn't go that far, but I would have chipped in on bail!
Yeah, he was beyond pissed off...
Never gonna make you cry...

DTMiller
"Special"

Post by DTMiller » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:25 am

Pete!!!!!
2002 Guards Red Targa, Fister exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, semisolid motor mounts
1997 MX-5 track car
Friday at the Track, Chin Trackdays, SCCA WDCR Novice Classroom Instructor, SCDA, Audi Club Potomac, TrackDaze HPDE Instructor
June 16, 2017 Funland GoKart Champion (6:13 p.m. main event)
Willing to risk life for track time

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Pete's alter ego?

Einsteiger

Post by Einsteiger » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:49 pm

and....this is where I came in. Have a great holiday everyone.
Kevin
1999 C2 - Vesuvio Metallic
OP Kansas