Guards Red didn't save this buyer on the way in his 996

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Re: Guards Red didn't save this buyer on the way in his 996

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:46 am

Like I mentioned before it's not only that Deezy is a flipper misrepresenting cars on BaT and Rennlist - he got banned from other forums for knowingly flipping faulty stuff. The 6speedonline.com wheels with two cracked spokes were bad... Someone could have been seriously hurt on that one. I think if Deezy came back at some point and apologized and said "wow who knew not paying attention could be such a serious issue?" People would probably be easier on him. (Not everyone lol.) But the fact that he keeps doing this unapologetically, in fact acting insulted that anyone would insinuate that a portion of the responsibility lies on him, is probably where a lot of the fire comes from.

Every new piece of evidence Jake posts is just more fuel for the flames.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Kalashnikov
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by Kalashnikov » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:43 am

I stand by my take on this. If I was dumping $41k on an old car with known issues, you would be damn sure I got a PPI and had a second opinion at the minimum.

My buddy who bought the 2016 Panamera S asked for my second look, did a PPI, asked me again about PPI report, then called the mechanic I used for my 996 to get his opinion... Then wrote the $40k check. And mind you, this car still has 2 years of extended warranty left and has 35k miles.

I am exactly the same way as whoever wrote about making buyer sign "as is" paperwork when I sell the car. When I was selling the AMG, the buyer was from Tucson and he asked me a bunch of questions about a lot of "issues" that those cars had. Air ride being his main concern, then supercharger clutch, then transmission, then panoramic roof. I told him that he can do a PPI... he opted out.

He never owned car as powerful as my amg, so I told him to drive home carefully (it was getting dark). He said "oh, I will baby the shit out of it!". He made it home fine and seemed very happy with the car. However, if somewhere along the way or next week the air bag(s) popped or something blew, would I feel in any way responsible? Absolutely not.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 am

I'm with you on the "Shoulda got an inspection" part for sure.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:11 pm

gnat wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:49 am
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:08 am This thing sold for almost twice over market. I don't know what the reserve was, but for that money I'd expect tires that were not bald and to have had it aligned for goodness sake.
From what I gather the price was a surprise and there was no expectation of it going more than normal for a BaT 996. The buyer just apparently really wanted that car.
Oh, I think we all know well and good why he really wanted that car.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 pm

FRUNKenstein wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:11 pm
gnat wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:49 am
From what I gather the price was a surprise and there was no expectation of it going more than normal for a BaT 996. The buyer just apparently really wanted that car.
Oh, I think we all know well and good why he really wanted that car.
Whatever could you mean? :lol:

Edit: Ok. I just noticed that my location has been changed. Now I don't feel at all guilty for abusing my mod powers :P

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:22 pm

i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg
i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg (58.33 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

Mrdeezy

Post by Mrdeezy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:34 pm

Hey guys, I am not a flipper. I have owned that car for over 2 years. I have owned several 996’s over the last decade. If you look at the receipts the tires were bought in March of 2019. In all reality the drive to Texas alone more miles than I had put on the tires. I think there was a problem with the alignment, I had been getting a lot of dusting on the rear bumper. My google searches has told me it was normal to see the dust. When I photographed the tires for bat the car was only driven for buyer inspections during the auction before I picked the buyer up in San Francisco. They looked great at the time the car changed hands.

It’s crazy to see how this has gotten so out of hand. Mr Raby is playing good cop bad cop. Really all of us will be selling their 996 at some point and this really is a nightmare scenario for everyone involved when someone with a platform can use an event like this to build their business and instill fear in to 996 owners while trashing someone’s reputation. I am not trying to say that I am a victim here, what happened to the buyer really sucks a lot worse. But overall what is happening on rennlist is pretty despicable in my opinion.

There is a lot more to this story and I have pretty much gotten personally attacked and a bit of witch-hunt any time someone defends me or I say anything there. Hopefully here things are better.

Renn Meister

Post by Renn Meister » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:28 am

As I had stated, the point I have made has been the necessity for buyer's to perform higher levels of inspections that what they have currently been performing. If you go back and read your own posts about selling vehicles on BaT (posted on RL) you said that basically no one made any inspections, and etc. I agree, and that is getting people in trouble almost daily, based on the reports that we field from them, made shortly after purchase.

These cars are old now, and they must be treated as such. They have inherent issues that cannot be overlooked, when approaching them as a buyer.

The few things that I shared on Rennlist are just some of what I documented.The tires are the most glaring issue, and again, I agree that the buyer should have noticed them when the car was picked up, but realistically the inspection that should have been ordered should have noted that the tires were well into the treadwear indicators, which had to have happened before the cords appeared on the inboard sides of the tires. With any car that has negative camber, you can't judge tire condition from looking at the outboard side of the tire.

Now, again, and again I have told you my position on this. On Rennlist you continued to make political statements, followed by slandering me, and then followed that up with personal attacks, and threats made to other members. You did this while you were clearly not thinking straight, and you ended up being banned. You did that to yourself. I had no idea that you even owned that car, and we'd never had any bad words before. I still have yet to direct anything toward you, not a single bad word. I won't.

I have nothing to gain from telling people to have an invasive PPI done. I don't even perform PPI work. I haven't in 3 years, and I don't ever plan too again. If I wanted to "further" or "benefit" my business I'd not say anything, and let people keep buying their dream car, only for it to blow up in their face, then they'd send it to me. That's not what I have done.

I have a front row seat for these instances, and I have shared factual information, collected with pictures and video, and during the tear down of this engine I had two verifiers here watching what was done. One of them was not even employed here, and just came to witness this engine coming apart, and being documented.

I have yet to determine what else I will do, in the beginning I was going to let it go, but I hate seeing people that created disasters for themselves end up being made into the victim, either in their own minds, or in the eyes of others. I would like to just let it all go, and let people see that these things can happen and they can happen with well represented vehicles that sell for top dollar, as well as the cheap 996s sold by used car lots.

It would have been a lot easier, and more fair to admit the vehicle had some issues, make good on that, and do so in the same limelight that was created by the quick video that I shared the day the car showed up here. If people would have seen you accept responsibility for the issues, and the confusing advertisement of the car, this instance could have aided in future sales of vehicles for you. Instead, you are running all over, trying to post in places where you haven't been banned (yet) trying to defend yourself, while making me look like some evil person for posting first hand, factual, documented findings from a car that no longer belongs to you.

I have been in similar shoes before, and I stood up, and took the lashings, and used the issue as a way to prove my character. I benefited from doing that.

The person who should be offended by what I have said, is the buyer, who is my customer. I have basically called what he did in regard to this purchase "stupid" in more ways than one. I am posting these things in regard to the position of a buyer, and how to avoid them, because the same crap is happening over, and over again.

I was raised to believe that "The only way around a problem, is straight through the middle of it".

It is, and always will be, much easier to be a victim, than a failure.

I have stated on Rennlist, and I will state again here, that I do NOT believe that you sold this car with any pre- meditated malice, or ill- intent. Further, I continue to have no issues with you, despite the fact that you've attacked my credibility (saying that I know nothing), called me a "little Republican" and have over and over again made this about ME, and not about the circumstance at hand.

Ultimately I'd still like to see you stand up, address these concerns, accept responsibility for something, and work all of this out with yourself. I told you before that I have no issue discussing this on the phone with you, and there will be no drama, or bad words from me, if you want to do that.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 am

Mrdeezy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:34 pm this really is a nightmare scenario for everyone involved when someone with a platform can use an event like this to build their business and instill fear in to 996 owners while trashing someone’s reputation.
Welcome. You may have already been told this, but there is only one rule here "Don't be a Dick". It has worked well because of the people who are here. It's not that we don't have differing opinions but we do our best to respect the other person on the forum.

I make note of your above statement and have the following comment. FSI is a successful business and has a backlog of over 12 months I don't believe Jake goes on forums to drum up more business by instilling fear. Just my opinion.
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Mrdeezy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:34 pm It’s crazy to see how this has gotten so out of hand. Mr Raby is playing good cop bad cop.
Actually, more like a forensic pathologist and the Targa is going through a post mortem analysis. ;) I've read your comments and past posts on Rennlist and personally find them disturbing. Lashing out at everyone, especially Jake Raby really doesn't help your case. Jake has posted many "morgue" videos in the past and so don't think he somehow singled out your car nor knew any connection to you or the BaT auction. I get you're defensive (maybe a little paranoid?) because you feel cornered, exposed if you will... but now the cat is out of the bag, how are you going to handle it from here?

Is your message "F-'m, screw the buyer"?

What if the table was turned and just purchased a nice Porsche 911 and three states later the engine explodes for no good reason? You just paid above top dollar on a car that "needed nothing", right? The car was also promoted as being a very "rare" Targa with very expensive modifications only to find out all of those options weren't really on the car (e.g. IMS Solution) and/or were in poor shape (e.g. tire balding)?

What would you do? Be honest.