Guards Red didn't save this buyer on the way in his 996

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Guards Red didn't save this buyer on the way in his 996

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 am I'm with you on the "Shoulda got an inspection" part for sure.
Heck I just sold my 93 300ZX with 103k miles on it last year and I told the guy who ended up buying it that I don't have a problem with him getting a PPI on it first. He declined.
Never gonna make you cry...

Renn Meister

Post by Renn Meister » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:40 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:12 pm
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 am I'm with you on the "Shoulda got an inspection" part for sure.
Heck I just sold my 93 300ZX with 103k miles on it last year and I told the guy who ended up buying it that I don't have a problem with him getting a PPI on it first. He declined.
Going forward I will make people do the following:
-Travel to meet me in person before I accept a single dollar from them.
-Stay at my townhouse for 2-3 days and drive the car while they are there.
-Shake my hand (Yes, even in COVID19 days, men still shake hands)
-Take the car for their own PPI, at whatever shop they want. I pay for the PPI, so there's no reason not to do this. I don't give a damn how much it costs, or what they do to the car.
-Be willing to accept the car unconditionally based on the results of the their PPI inspector

If people don't like this, there's hundreds of other cars they can buy from people that have nothing to lose, and will therefore be one hell of a lot "easier" to work with than I am. I have 5 Porsche's to sell(from 356C- 996), 4 of them I have owned for over 10 years each, so they aren't being "flipped".The remaining one is a 996 I built for my wife, and she hates it. I am done with Porsche cars as an owner, and the only one I want to keep is powered by a VW engine. I have owned it for 25 years.

Mrdeezy

Post by Mrdeezy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:44 pm

I like how you keep a ten foot pole between you and any out of warranty engine you have built.

Your stance is garbage. You have all of these room temperature IQ morons from BFE waiting to attack me. It's funny how you guys automatically assume a rip off from someone. That is what rennlist is. Scared people and uninformed buyers with tacky mods. 7/10 people don't know anything. 3/10 do and two of those are dicks.

I will say some nice things about you now. You have made some nice great inventions. You are an expert in your field. I have bought things from you. It will never change the fact that your approach to selling things is similar to a security company or life lock. Your premises is fear and while you have done amazing things for some m96 owners, you have also de valued the 996 cars and hurt the ownership experience of similar enthusiasts.

Do you think its hard to notice that after you equipped cars with ims bearings, sold over to someone. About 60%,of 996 have them. 20 years later there is a new maga key word BORESCORING. People see how you won a small 30k lottery after you notice this on youtube. Just watch your youtube...baby.

You have brought a lot to the table, you also complain when things do not go you way. I agree with you, you give out a lot of info. I actually made a video for my last bat video that had a ppi in it on your recommendation and nobody cared. Less than 100 views. I have been very positive and supportive of you and your methods. I would invite any conversation about Will's car. There was no malice. Your shameless self promotion on my behalf is gross and negligence. You have a crowd of uneducated people making threats against me. You are so self involved you immediately posted a video killing me. You actually killed Will too.

There was zero bad faith on my part of this deal, and this will keep escalating. Don't underestimate someone who has nothing to lose. I sold my last 996 2 hours ago. And it's done for me. You cannot do anything to me. Your pictures of bore scoring happened in a warm climate with 3k oil changes after the engine was disassembled 15k ago. Thats not true and not possible. Bore scoring happened in a warm climate in those conditions is you basically stroking your own ego.

You know this. I fear the extravaganza you would have if this was an off brand IMS. You would be on the local news shouting to the rooftops. I know you do not want one of your ims bearings to fail and I can prove what was done with the car. If I had an off brand Ims in the car I am sure you would get your fear monkeys to come after me. It would be your ace in the hole..

Again, Mr Raby. Big respect to you. But what you are doing, targeting me is trashy, cheap publicity for your buddies who make threats but will not do anything. I am easy to find. It's such garbage, and I do respect your knowledge but throwing me under the bus will not make your business anything more than it is. I don't really care either, I still believe you are excellent at what you do. My rep is shot and I will do something else. Life goes on. Educated people already know your drill. Better focus on your maga hats.(your target audience)

Thanks

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:53 pm

I've shaken the man's hand and I'll tell you one thing. It would serve you to do the same.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Mrdeezy

Post by Mrdeezy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Your lord and savior? I thought this was the anti Rennlist

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:00 pm

My teacher. We aren't dicks, that's all.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

Mrdeezy

Post by Mrdeezy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:07 pm

cool, I wanna buy a 30,000 dollar engine from Raby and blame it on a guy from "commiefornia"

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Ok Deezy. We've given you a chance to not bring your history over here with you, but you seem to want to do so.

This is your first and last warning to knock it off.

If you want to civilly and factually defend your side of the story, have at it. If you have technical questions/concerns about the information Jake has posted about your old car, by all means have your say. If you want to attack someone with no real grounds, then you'll soon be able to add this site to the list of ones you have no access to.

Mrdeezy

Post by Mrdeezy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:20 pm

I would like zero censorship. He is a forum sponsor, in certain places. I know far less than him and will debate this in any open forum in front of anyone.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:30 pm

This is an open forum, but you aren't debating anything so far.

You are accusing a well respected man of trying to profit off you, but he made his money before any of this was made public or he knew you were the previous owner. You also accuse him of slandering you, yet he explicitly stated both here and on RL that he did not believe there was any prior knowledge of the issues on your part. His stated stance is that it was the buyer's failure to get what he considers to be a good PPI rather than you trying to screw someone over. He has not accused you of anything, so stop accusing him of things without actual evidence.

Agreement with Jake runs the gamut here, but we all respect him for what he brings to the table.