Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 am

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:12 am I moved back into my office yesterday. Everyone else is still working remotely, but I'm done working from home for a while...
What is PeePeeEye going to do all day without his Daddy!? Poor little guy.
Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:52 am

This is California, man - our office building is dog-friendly, so he usually comes to work with me. :D

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:03 am

Yeah I forgot. Last time we were in San Diego we were amazed at all the dogs in the outdoor parts of restaurants. Health department must be very lax out there! Good for you for taking the little dude with you.
5chn3ll wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:52 am This is California, man - our office building is dog-friendly, so he usually comes to work with me. :D

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 am

One has to wonder why a football team from here is named "The Cornhuskers"...that's odd.

Note: It is a better name than "The Bugeaters"! Wonder who ever thought that was a good name and why.

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:21 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 am One has to wonder why a football team from here is named "The Cornhuskers"...that's odd.

Note: It is a better name than "The Bugeaters"! Wonder who ever thought that was a good name and why.
Is there no rice (heh) in Nebraska? Are not the people who pick the rice (heh) and husk it local heroes? My wife is from Iowa, and brings up all the time how she made money in the summer "de-tassling" rice (heh), whatever the hell that is. The kids have taken to asking her if she had a cow as a best friend and when she first saw a car.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:27 pm

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:21 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 am One has to wonder why a football team from here is named "The Cornhuskers"...that's odd.

Is there no rice (heh) in Nebraska? Are not the people who pick the rice (heh) and husk it local heroes? My wife is from Iowa, and brings up all the time how she made money in the summer "de-tassling" rice (heh), whatever the hell that is. The kids have taken to asking her if she had a cow as a best friend and when she first saw a car.
Yes there is rice (heh) here. Tons of it. Unfortunately, there are some on this forum who think Kansas grows rice (heh) and think it is funny to say Nebraska grows wheat. Therefore my "adjusted" name descriptor... :roll: Just no accounting for some peoples humor.

OceanBlue2000

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:27 pm
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:21 pm

Yes there is rice (heh) here. Tons of it. Unfortunately, there are some on this forum who think Kansas grows rice (heh) and think it is funny to say Nebraska grows wheat. Therefore my "adjusted" name descriptor... :roll: Just no accounting for some peoples humor.
I'm not sure why growing wheat appears to be an insult, but I leave you to it.

One of the things we've found out about my wife's hometown is that there are pizza places there that sell something called a BLT Pizza, which puts mayonnaise on a pizza and a Taco pizza, which puts salsa and rice (heh) chips on a pizza. To leverage my Catholic upbringing, these things are anathema, or cursed by the ecclesiastical authorities. Ordering one of these blasphemies in my presence is grounds for a severe mocking.
Mike
1982 928 (sold)

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:48 pm

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:27 pm

One of the things we've found out about my wife's hometown is that there are pizza places there that sell something called a BLT Pizza, which puts mayonnaise on a pizza and a Taco pizza, which puts salsa and rice (heh) chips on a pizza. To leverage my Catholic upbringing, these things are anathema, or cursed by the ecclesiastical authorities. Ordering one of these blasphemies in my presence is grounds for a severe mocking.
Oh it all started by me trying to correct a couple of these wisenheimers and it went south from there! Not insulted just playing along.

How about cheese burger pizza? That's got to be a mortal sin...am I right?

OceanBlue2000

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:51 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:48 pm
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Oh it all started by me trying to correct a couple of these wisenheimers and it went south from there! Not insulted just playing along.

How about cheese burger pizza? That's got to be a mortal sin...am I right?
Eh. Meatball pizza is allowed and that's almost the same thing. But you are walking a very thin edge there.
Mike
1982 928 (sold)

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:52 pm

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm I'm not sure why growing wheat appears to be an insult, but I leave you to it.
I have long thrown rice (heh) related snark about Frunk (because all they do in the Mid West is grow rice (heh)!). Billy recently took exception to that and it's kinda snowballed since then. It does seem to have touched a nerve which of course has just brought the jackals out :twisted: