Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by B3DAWG » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:33 pm

DBJoe996 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:24 pm
b3freak wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:47 pm

That and IMS bearings. He comes on RL and immediately acts like a top-bearing expert because he "worked at SKF". Then tries to debate with Jake on all things lubrication. But yes, he then tries to solve the problems of M96 oil starvation/pressure losses. Never happened. hahahaha
Since he was asked about his "work at SKF" and he did not reply on his background, I vote he was a janitor on the factory floor. :lol:
That's the ol' B3 shining through. hahahaha Makes me miss the ol' days when the drama would happen more regularly. I know I know... I have serious problems! :lol:

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:35 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:28 pm Who you callin an elder you...you...young whippersnapper you.
b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:15 am

Well, I do believe in respecting my elders! hahahahaha :lol:
Well, you know you're my "brotha from anotha motha" and I expect you to pass down that Raby C4S to me! hahahaha

What? You think I'm kidding? :D :lol:

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:42 pm

b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:35 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:28 pm Who you callin an elder you...you...young whippersnapper you.
Well, you know you're my "brotha from anotha motha" and I expect you to pass down that Raby C4S to me! hahahaha

Oi! I already got dibs on that you country bumpkin!

I've already promised to wash it every day, never park it outside, only drive it on 70 degree sunny Sundays, never go above 2k RPMs, and under absolutely no circumstances would I ever consider the idea of making use of its AWD system to slide down back country gravel roads.

What? No there is nothing wrong with my hands. No you don't need to worry about my fingers. Slight muscle spasm is all...

:lol:

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:53 pm

gnat wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:42 pm
b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:35 pm

I've already promised to wash it every day, never park it outside, only drive it on 70 degree sunny Sundays, never go above 2k RPMs, and under absolutely no circumstances would I ever consider the idea of making use of its AWD system to slide down back country gravel roads.

What? No there is nothing wrong with my hands. No you don't need to worry about my fingers. Slight muscle spasm is all...

You lost me at ‘wash’ 😂

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm

b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:53 pm
gnat wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:42 pm

You lost me at ‘wash’ 😂
Do I need to post a pic of the wife's car?

I think Billy knows how his car would get used if it came to me :lol:

He can't say it wouldn't be enjoyed and given that we've had our current Porsches for a combined 29 years (and counting), he wouldn't have to worry about it being flipped for the money. :mrgreen:

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:40 pm

What nobody battling for the Type R!!?? I guess Dr. S. gets first dibs as he is about the only one to say something nice about it. Did I tell you guys I'm planning on AutoXing the Type R the end of this month?
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:01 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:40 pm What nobody battling for the Type R!!?? I guess Dr. S. gets first dibs as he is about the only one to say something nice about it. Did I tell you guys I'm planning on AutoXing the Type R the end of this month?
Just from all the oil starvation/pressure issues with the M9X based Porsches, I'm willing to bet the Honda will hold up a little longer? :?

Type R ... if they didn't look like most Japanese shogun warriors, I'd buy one next time around. :lol: Did I tell you I owned an Accord. Very reliable cars, but just so plain and vanilla. I need something with a little more punch. Now the NSX would fit the bill. That's a coooool car.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:11 am

Yes the NSX is a nice looking car. I've never tried one on so not sure I would fit. I always lusted over the Lotus Europa but I couldn't shoehorn my 6'2" body into one and that was back in the 70's when I was young and flexible! :shock:

The Type R styling is "aggressive" to say the least. At this point in my life I just enjoy the car for the performance aspect. It is a true B---h to wash and dry. Water hides everywhere even after using the blower on it. Much rather wash the 996.
b3freak wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:01 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:40 pm What nobody battling for the Type R!!?? I guess Dr. S. gets first dibs as he is about the only one to say something nice about it. Did I tell you guys I'm planning on AutoXing the Type R the end of this month?
Just from all the oil starvation/pressure issues with the M9X based Porsches, I'm willing to bet the Honda will hold up a little longer? :?

Type R ... if they didn't look like most Japanese shogun warriors, I'd buy one next time around. :lol: Did I tell you I owned an Accord. Very reliable cars, but just so plain and vanilla. I need something with a little more punch. Now the NSX would fit the bill. That's a coooool car.
Never gonna make you cry...

B3DAWG

Post by B3DAWG » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:33 am

32wildbilly wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:11 am The Type R styling is "aggressive" to say the least. At this point in my life I just enjoy the car for the performance aspect. It is a true B---h to wash and dry. Water hides everywhere even after using the blower on it. Much rather wash the 996.
[/quote]

Bill, let me get this straight, you use the 'blower' on your car? I'm sure the neighbors find it entertaining.
airplane.jpeg
airplane.jpeg (41.99 KiB) Viewed 747 times

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 am

First! Yeah the Type R is not everyone's cup of tea, however, it is a pure driver's car. Honda puts a lot of heart into their special devision cars.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic