How do you move 610 pics from an ancient iPad

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

How do you move 610 pics from an ancient iPad

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:31 am

Is the only way to send them all to "the cloud" (so every social deviate can hack into them) then transfer back down to the new iPad, external hard drive or flash drive. Her old iPad is OLD and I can't figure out an easy way to do this task. I don't think it even has outbound airdrop.
Never gonna make you cry...

DBJoe996
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: How do you move 610 pics from an ancient iPad

Post by DBJoe996 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:25 pm

Plug the IPad into a USB port on your computer with the old cable. Drill down in Windows Explorer and find the IPad, might need to have Apple software installed on the computer. There should be a DCIM folder in Windows Explorer. That's where you will find all the pictures. CRTL A to select all and download them to your computer. Unplug the old IPad from the computer. Plug new IPad into your computer. Basically reverse the procedure to upload all the pictures to the new IPad.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:14 pm

My laptop is a Mac so Apple software won't be a problem. I'll download Explorer and give it a try.

Thanks
DBJoe996 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:25 pm Plug the IPad into a USB port on your computer with the old cable. Drill down in Windows Explorer and find the IPad, might need to have Apple software installed on the computer. There should be a DCIM folder in Windows Explorer. That's where you will find all the pictures. CRTL A to select all and download them to your computer. Unplug the old IPad from the computer. Plug new IPad into your computer. Basically reverse the procedure to upload all the pictures to the new IPad.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Ok used a partial part of DBs suggestions and pics are transferred. Plugged the old iPad into my MacBook through the "dingle". Opened Finder, clicked on iPad, synced, photos, transferred to a separate file in my Photos app., plugged in flash drive and transferred all 900+MB worth of photos, deleted file from my Mac.

Duh!