What’s on your Christmas wish list?

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Re: What’s on your Christmas wish list?

Post by FRUNKenstein » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:22 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:50 pm I bought one of those jump-start power banks for Mrs. S's Jeep a while back (so when we finally do put the Grand Cherokee into a ravine, we'll still be able to charge our phones, I guess). I really wasn't expecting it to start a car - but a week or so after it rolled in, I heard a car in the grocery store lot with that telltale click. We whipped out the jump pack...and I ate crow as the car fired right up.

I am a believer; I now have one I swap between the 996 and the Corvette as well.
02TX996Cab wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:35 am A friend of mine used his to help me when my GT4's battery decided to shit the bed in rural southern MO a couple of months ago, saving me from a 2+ hr wait for AAA. I won't be taking another extended/rural road trip without one, so either Santa or Santa's little helper (Visa/Mastercard) will be bringing me one!
Just got off the phone with max$wag - he's on his way home from college for the holiday break. He had to use his Weego jump pack twice today. His car mostly sits unused at school, so he had to use it once to start the Cayenne and again after he stopped to get gas. He said it worked fine both times.

Looks like he'll be getting a brand new car battery for Christmas. (yes, yes, I know I spoil him, but he's a good kid)

best gift ever.gif
best gift ever.gif (499.96 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:07 pm

Doubt that I would wear a pair of earbuds that have what appear to be the cartridge end of a 45 slug! Turn 'em up too loud and BANG no more brain...?
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:16 am Also asked for the new Gen4 Sony noise cancelling earbuds. I got these early so I could take with me to the gym and they RULE. I'm pretty sensitive about sound quality and I was very hesitant to get these over cans but I'm happy I did. Great buds if you're shopping.

Sony-WF-1000XM4.jpg
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:31 pm

FRUNKenstein wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:15 pm I got a knock-off Ridge wallet in carbon fiber about 6 months ago. I really like it. It forces you to keep just the essentials and is nice and compact.

Nice! I'm really looking forward to mine. Been carrying a thick leather bi-fold for far too long.

32wildbilly wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:07 pm Doubt that I would wear a pair of earbuds that have what appear to be the cartridge end of a 45 slug! Turn 'em up too loud and BANG no more brain...?

LOL. That little thing is the microphone for phone calls. In person it is tiny - doesn't really resemble a bullet at all. Nice little accent of color on an otherwise dull item. Remember these go inside of your ears so it's a macro photo to show off the product but in person the two of these sit in your hand like two pieces of popcorn.

The sound stage, bass quality, clarity of these buds is worth every penny. Sony is using a proprietary memory foam ear tip that snugs into your ear so well sometimes I reach to take these things out like I'm wearing a big pair of cans on my head.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Ok...Ok...smaller... like a 22 Long...? Mafia ammo.
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:31 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:07 pm Doubt that I would wear a pair of earbuds that have what appear to be the cartridge end of a 45 slug! Turn 'em up too loud and BANG no more brain...?

LOL. That little thing is the microphone for phone calls. In person it is tiny - doesn't really resemble a bullet at all. Nice little accent of color on an otherwise dull item. Remember these go inside of your ears so it's a macro photo to show off the product but in person the two of these sit in your hand like two pieces of popcorn.

The sound stage, bass quality, clarity of these buds is worth every penny. Sony is using a proprietary memory foam ear tip that snugs into your ear so well sometimes I reach to take these things out like I'm wearing a big pair of cans on my head.
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:32 pm

FRUNKenstein wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:22 pm
5chn3ll wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:50 pm I bought one of those jump-start power banks for Mrs. S's Jeep a while back (so when we finally do put the Grand Cherokee into a ravine, we'll still be able to charge our phones, I guess). I really wasn't expecting it to start a car - but a week or so after it rolled in, I heard a car in the grocery store lot with that telltale click. We whipped out the jump pack...and I ate crow as the car fired right up.

I am a believer; I now have one I swap between the 996 and the Corvette as well.

Just got off the phone with max$wag - he's on his way home from college for the holiday break. He had to use his Weego jump pack twice today. His car mostly sits unused at school, so he had to use it once to start the Cayenne and again after he stopped to get gas. He said it worked fine both times.

Looks like he'll be getting a brand new car battery for Christmas. (yes, yes, I know I spoil him, but he's a good kid)

best gift ever.gif
Get him one of these, add a quick disconnect between the panel and controller, and then have him leave the panel on the dash while it's parked:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0836PVY8J

I never got around to making it pretty (or safe) so it just slides around on the rear shelf, but the 996 hasn't even hesitated to start since I installed it.

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:41 pm

gnat wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:32 pm
Get him one of these, add a quick disconnect between the panel and controller, and then have him leave the panel on the dash while it's parked:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0836PVY8J

I never got around to making it pretty (or safe) so it just slides around on the rear shelf, but the 996 hasn't even hesitated to start since I installed it.
I may very well do that. I still wish I could break the code on how to use a Li-ion jump pack as a battery tender. I really need to put my psychology degree to work on that concept.
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver