Sweet Victory's 2001 C2 Aero

Each Outpost member may create a post in this thread to track maintenance of their vehicle, including PM, repairs, etc.
sweet victory
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Re: Sweet Victory's 2001 C2 Aero

Post by sweet victory » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:56 pm

11.07.2021| 148529
  • Parking Brake Pads Replaced
  • Parking Brake Hardware Replaced
  • Fabspeed Supercups removed and Fabspeed Maxflo's installed
I've had a squeak from the parking brake at low speed that's been bugging me - I think what bugged me most is that I knew I should've replaced them when I replaced pads and rotors earlier this year. I figured with the squeak/rubbing, the springs that keep the pads in tension might be getting fatigued, so I replaced them at the same time. I noticed a lot of comments on the Textar pads saying they did not fit. I had no fitment issues when whatsoever.

Gave the area a clean up with a wire brush and brake parts cleaner.

Hardware installed. A very light film of ceramic brake lube where the pad backing material contacts the aluminum rotor.

Pic of the Maxflo's reinstalled.

sweet victory

Post by sweet victory » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:55 pm

01.21.2022 | 148846
  • Sun visor repair
Work has been killer. Need to find time to do an oil change and install the LN adapter I picked up during black Friday. I did manage to find some free time this afternoon to tackle a project that's been on my to-do list for years...fix the dang sun visors. I was a bit skeptical of these given the name and country of origin, but these sun visor lids are great. Link to them here. 

The texture is a perfect match, and the color is a perfect match to non-faded plastic. If your plastic is a bit faded from using your sun visor along the driver side window, there will be a very subtle tone difference. I really only noticed it on my bright work bench; it's really not noticeable in car. The lids have threaded brass inserts rather than just plastics hole likeyou'd find on the oem unit. The instructions give you two options depending how your sun visor broke. If the lid hinge snapped, and the base is intact, installation is very straight forward and you can just pop them in after you move the two spring clips. If the tabs on the base are what snapped, you have to drill two holes and the lid is then using the supplied screws as hinges. My lid hinge is what broke, so I did not need to drill anything.

Here's what they look like once installed on the bench. I also took this opportunity to remove the obnoxious air bag warning label with denatured alcohol. 

Here's how it looks in the car.

sweet victory

Post by sweet victory » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:44 am

02.27.2022 | 148846
  • LN Engineering Spin On Adapter Installed
  • LN Engineering Magnetic Drain Plug replaced
  • Oil Change
Work has been super hectic, traveling a lot, and car/house projects have been put on the back burner. Unfortunately, not getting to drive the 996 as much as I'd like. Came back from a 4 week work trip, so haven't put any miles on the car since the sun visors were replaced. :(

This LN Engineering oil change/spin on kit was ordered on black friday, so I've been meaning to get to it for a while. The LN drain plug I had on there has been in use for about 5 years and the broach where the hex key goes was looking pretty worn. Figured I'd pre-emptively replace it. 

Obligatory oil filter picture. Nothing interested to see; did pick up 3 tiny pieces of RTV - not surprised to see given I haven't put too many miles on the car since replacing the sump plate. 

LN adapter installed; both o rings oiled and torqued to 18ftlbs. Not having a plastic oil filter housing on the bottom of the engine gives me a little more piece of mind.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:39 am

The spin-on adapter makes an oil change so much easier and cleaner in addition to eliminating the troublesome by-pass valve in the bottom of the plastic can.

Speaking of clean...every time I see pics from you I am still impressed with how clean you keep the underside of your car. Impressive!
sweet victory wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:44 am 02.27.2022 | 148846
  • LN Engineering Spin On Adapter Installed
  • LN Engineering Magnetic Drain Plug replaced
  • Oil Change
Work has been super hectic, traveling a lot, and car/house projects have been put on the back burner. Unfortunately, not getting to drive the 996 as much as I'd like. Came back from a 4 week work trip, so haven't put any miles on the car since the sun visors were replaced. :(

This LN Engineering oil change/spin on kit was ordered on black friday, so I've been meaning to get to it for a while. The LN drain plug I had on there has been in use for about 5 years and the broach where the hex key goes was looking pretty worn. Figured I'd pre-emptively replace it. 

Obligatory oil filter picture. Nothing interested to see; did pick up 3 tiny pieces of RTV - not surprised to see given I haven't put too many miles on the car since replacing the sump plate. 

LN adapter installed; both o rings oiled and torqued to 18ftlbs. Not having a plastic oil filter housing on the bottom of the engine gives me a little more piece of mind.
Never gonna make you cry...

sweet victory

Post by sweet victory » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:52 am

32wildbilly wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:39 am The spin-on adapter makes an oil change so much easier and cleaner in addition to eliminating the troublesome by-pass valve in the bottom of the plastic can.

Speaking of clean...every time I see pics from you I am still impressed with how clean you keep the underside of your car. Impressive!

It's clean because I tend to clean before to do maintenance/repair in a certain area. Don't like working in mess. My soul yearns for a dry ice blaster.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:23 am

Holy Crap! That machine is awesome. I just did a quick search and didn't find somebody displaying the cost so expensive I assume?
sweet victory wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:52 am
32wildbilly wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:39 am The spin-on adapter makes an oil change so much easier and cleaner in addition to eliminating the troublesome by-pass valve in the bottom of the plastic can.

It's clean because I tend to clean before to do maintenance/repair in a certain area. Don't like working in mess. My soul yearns for a dry ice blaster.

Never gonna make you cry...

sweet victory

Post by sweet victory » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:39 am

32wildbilly wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:23 am Holy Crap! That machine is awesome. I just did a quick search and didn't find somebody displaying the cost so expensive I assume?
It filled a niche for cleaning applications in pharmaceutical/biomedical manufacturing environments. The technology seems to be catching on in the detailing community. For the cheapest, smallest units, you'll be looking at roughly $10k for the blast equipment. That would not include the compressor needed to run it, nor the dry ice machine that produces the special pellets you need. I think most detailers are just buying dry ice pellets from airgas.