NOCO battery jumper thingie

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: NOCO battery jumper thingie

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:23 am

02TX996Cab wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:10 am Direct sun likely makes a large difference on temperatures inside of the car. I'd err on the side of caution if I were unable to keep the car sheltered from direct sun.

FWIW, I have a small duffle bag that I move from car to car whenever I take a road trip of any length. In it I keep my NOCO jumpbox, V1 case and accessories, and "top down" items (sunscreen, windbreaker, etc.). It took me a while to get into the habit of always moving the duffle from car to car; now that I do so reliably, I'm comfortable with that approach to keeping me safe from sunburn, the PoPo and exploding Li-Ion batteries.
Agree.

I bought this for the 996(stupid electric frunk/engine lid) and it resides in the garage so no direct sun. Good idea on the duffle. I will add that to my trip routine.
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:35 am

32wildbilly wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:23 am I bought this for the 996(stupid electric frunk/engine lid)
Check the docs on the pack carefully. After finding out the hard way, most LiON packs don't offer power in a manner that will pop the Frunk from the post in the cabin. They also won't jump dead-dead batteries as they need to detect a minimum voltage.

Regarding the Frunk, the best plan is to make sure you can access the manual release.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:28 am

gnat wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:35 am
32wildbilly wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:23 am I bought this for the 996(stupid electric frunk/engine lid)
Check the docs on the pack carefully. After finding out the hard way, most LiON packs don't offer power in a manner that will pop the Frunk from the post in the cabin. They also won't jump dead-dead batteries as they need to detect a minimum voltage.

Regarding the Frunk, the best plan is to make sure you can access the manual release.
This one has an over-ride button to "jump start a very dead battery..." not sure if that would help. When I clean the leaves from the radiators I'll fish the manual pull to the front. I tried to get to it through the rubber sheath under the frunk lid but no luck. Couldn't pull it back from were it was routed.
Never gonna make you cry...