My remote key must be failing...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

My remote key must be failing...

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 pm

So since this spring my key has been acting kind of funky. Works sometime, doesn't work sometime, works further away, then won't work until right on top of the A pillar. Today I tried it and even though the red light lite up strongly(copy right trump, in fact, I think he claims he invented the word) it wouldn't unlock crap doodie!

Ohh HELL NAW!! Now I'm going to have to start a bunch of threads asking what to do, how to do and why to do it. I know it's going to cost me a fortune! Oh the HUMANITY! Wait I have another key...Damn! I never got around to having it programed to the car. ALL is LOST! Strong gnashing of teeth, sweat, anxiety, pacing, fear, delusions, illusions...Hell I now know what Macbeth went through "Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible to feeling as to sight? Or art thou but a dagger of the mind, a false creation, proceeding from the heat-oppressèd brain?" Heat-oppressed brain...yeah that's it!

Wait...stupid try a new battery; there is a new 2032 in the drawer. Exchanged the battery(did not put it in upside down to make the unexplainable occur to make every thing normal again). Walked tentatively towards the garage with sweaty palms. Opened the door, closed my eyes, pushed the button from some 15 feet distant and heard the satisfyingly click of the door unlocking followed by the headlight response. VICTORY!!!

Sometimes it is just the simple things...even with a car of the Gods...
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Re: My remote key must be failing...

Post by gnat » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Environment can also be a factor. There is a place downtown where she would have to put the key up to the center of the windshield over the sensor (it's in the little plastic bit where the "armed" light flashes) to get it to register. That parking spot was about 20' from a TV broadcast tower...

But yeah, the battery is the first place to start ;)

B3DAWG
OG (First 100 Outposters!)

Post by B3DAWG » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:43 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 pm So since this spring my key has been acting kind of funky. Works sometime, doesn't work sometime, works further away, then won't work until right on top of the A pillar. Today I tried it and even though the red light lite up strongly(copy right trump, in fact, I think he claims he invented the word) it wouldn't unlock crap doodie!

Ohh HELL NAW!! Now I'm going to have to start a bunch of threads asking what to do, how to do and why to do it. I know it's going to cost me a fortune! Oh the HUMANITY! Wait I have another key...Damn! I never got around to having it programed to the car. ALL is LOST! Strong gnashing of teeth, sweat, anxiety, pacing, fear, delusions, illusions...Hell I now know what Macbeth went through "Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible to feeling as to sight? Or art thou but a dagger of the mind, a false creation, proceeding from the heat-oppressèd brain?" Heat-oppressed brain...yeah that's it!

Wait...stupid try a new battery; there is a new 2032 in the drawer. Exchanged the battery(did not put it in upside down to make the unexplainable occur to make every thing normal again). Walked tentatively towards the garage with sweaty palms. Opened the door, closed my eyes, pushed the button from some 15 feet distant and heard the satisfyingly click of the door unlocking followed by the headlight response. VICTORY!!!

Bwhahahahahahahaahaha!!!! I love it! :lol:

Great story... get my VICTOR VECTOR? ha!

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:54 pm

gnat wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 pm Environment can also be a factor. There is a place downtown where she would have to put the key up to the center of the windshield over the sensor (it's in the little plastic bit where the "armed" light flashes) to get it to register. That parking spot was about 20' from a TV broadcast tower...

But yeah, the battery is the first place to start ;)
This was most anywhere. The ultimate failure was in the garage. No are no tv/microwave towers near us. Could have been aliens interfering though, never thought of that during the stress time. I thought the antenna was coiled up in the A pillar?

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:58 pm

b3freak wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:43 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 pm So since this spring my key has been acting kind of funky. Works sometime, doesn't work sometime, works further away, then won't work until right on top of the A pillar. Today I tried it and even though the red light lite up strongly(copy right trump, in fact, I think he claims he invented the word) it wouldn't unlock crap doodie!

Bwhahahahahahahaahaha!!!! I love it! :lol:

Great story... get my VICTOR VECTOR? ha!
I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.

And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

Classic...

808Bill
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by 808Bill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:06 am

Wew, I thought a total rebuild was about to start...
FSI-R40

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:26 am

808Bill wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:06 am Wew, I thought a total rebuild was about to start...
It was CLOSE, man...CLOSE! :shock: