Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: Good Week @ 996Outpost.com

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:47 am

So it is written. So it shall be done. Homina homina espiritu smirnoff. Amen.
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:11 pm "If you read it on 996Outpost.com, then you need not cite any source for the word of the Outpost is the word of truth."

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:34 pm

On a scale of 1-10 how open to a RennRun to Denver would you fellas be? It's closest to Billy, 2nd closest to Frunk. Furthest for the Californians but I'm thinking CA folks could pit stop here in Vegas and then we could do a fun run rally to CO from here. If you've never driven that route it's phenomenally gorgeous.

Then for the TX folks it's roughly the same as us from NV to CO, though, I suppose that depends quite heavily where in TX you are. If you're near the bottom then probably my google search is not reliable.

East coasters can either be metal heads and drive or fly to Vegas and ride shotty with the road dogs.

Sound fun??? We could start planning it for springtime 2023, perhaps.
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:55 pm

I'm down. Shit, I'd drive to Pocatello at this point. This house arrest sucks azz.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:46 pm

5chn3ll wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:55 pm I'm down. Shit, I'd drive to Pocatello at this point. This house arrest sucks azz.
What did you do to be on house arrest?
Never gonna make you cry...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:00 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:34 pm On a scale of 1-10 how open to a RennRun to Denver would you fellas be? It's closest to Billy, 2nd closest to Frunk. Furthest for the Californians but I'm thinking CA folks could pit stop here in Vegas and then we could do a fun run rally to CO from here. If you've never driven that route it's phenomenally gorgeous.

Then for the TX folks it's roughly the same as us from NV to CO, though, I suppose that depends quite heavily where in TX you are. If you're near the bottom then probably my google search is not reliable.

East coasters can either be metal heads and drive or fly to Vegas and ride shotty with the road dogs.

Sound fun??? We could start planning it for springtime 2023, perhaps.
Have you considered where in CO?

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:39 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:00 pm
Dr_Strangelove (whew!) (whew!) wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:34 pm On a scale of 1-10 how open to a RennRun to Denver would you fellas be?

I wrote Denver because it's a Metro area but it's just a thought that popped into my head. We always say "Vegas" which rules for me and is actually how I found you guys in the first place but it's too far for most people to drive to. Denver / Colorado seems to be the most central to all of our active members so I pitched that.

Someplace in the mountains, I'd imagine, is more fun for group drives and stuff. I went to college in CO so I'm vaguely familiar with the area. Granby and the surrounding area is really great for twisty roads and group drives.

I'm willing to spearhead the effort and keep pitching it / snowballing it - I think it would be fun to get this crew together for a couple of nights.

02TX996Cab
NG (Second 100 Outposters!)

Post by 02TX996Cab » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:57 pm

CO sounds like a great option and is pretty much an easy 2-day jaunt from my place (near Fort Worth TX). I'm certainly interested, provided it happens when there's NOT snow or ice around (I'm much happier at 40 C than 40 F).
Proud owner of a Flat6-powered 2002 996 Cab, 2016 GT4, 2019 Ford F-150 "Country Cadillac", and 2005 Ford Focus (not so hot hatch) daily driver. And a Wright ZTO 52" to keep several acres of grass-like substance neat and tidy!

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:31 pm

Dr_Strangelove (whew!) wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:39 pm
32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:00 pm
I wrote Denver because it's a Metro area but it's just a thought that popped into my head. We always say "Vegas" which rules for me and is actually how I found you guys in the first place but it's too far for most people to drive to. Denver / Colorado seems to be the most central to all of our active members so I pitched that.

Someplace in the mountains, I'd imagine, is more fun for group drives and stuff. I went to college in CO so I'm vaguely familiar with the area. Granby and the surrounding area is really great for twisty roads and group drives.

I'm willing to spearhead the effort and keep pitching it / snowballing it - I think it would be fun to get this crew together for a couple of nights.
Well looks like I need to call the Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin Course folks for a refund as I certainly missed that.

My bad.

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:50 pm

02TX996Cab wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:57 pm I'm certainly interested, provided it happens when there's NOT snow or ice around (I'm much happier at 40 C than 40 F).

I'm thinking the same! I'm going to start pitching some (late) Spring 2023 dates so folks have a good 3/4 year to plan for this.

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:31 pm Well looks like I need to call the Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin Course folks for a refund as I certainly missed that.

My bad.
I'll forgive you if you attend!

5chn3ll

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:11 pm

32wildbilly wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:31 pm Well looks like I need to call the Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin Course folks for a refund as I certainly missed that.
Coarse*