Silly Question-- Can you help ?

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: Silly Question-- Can you help ?

Post by 5chn3ll » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:32 am

Heh. Whenever it's warm outside, that damn frunk lid hits me on the head.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

rfo1

Post by rfo1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:56 am

I've been bashed by both the frunk and the deck lid. I guess that's why I ask silly questions. :lol:

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:27 am

It is a good thing that you can still remember that occurrence and not all "John Goodman" after Rosanne hits him with a skillet.
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:12 am I bought my car in Cali and drove it home to NJ. The morning we left Flagstaff (beautiful) I put the hood up in our hotel parking lot to check the oil and the lid came down on my head. I still remember it.
Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 am

I took a front trunk hood latch to the spine when I was bent over digging the spare and jack out on the way to the Vegas shenanigans a few years back. Agreed, memorable.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:21 am

Pain to add to the disappointment of a tire being attacked by a pipe...winner-winner. At least you had a valid excuse if you over-imbibed during the Vegas stay!
5chn3ll wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 am I took a front trunk hood latch to the spine when I was bent over digging the spare and jack out on the way to the Vegas shenanigans a few years back. Agreed, memorable.

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 am

5chn3ll wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 am I took a front trunk hood latch to the spine when I was bent over digging the spare and jack out on the way to the Vegas shenanigans a few years back. Agreed, memorable.
Last time I was in the frunk before replacing the struts I had forgotten that they were starting to go and the sneaky bastards held it fine for my 60s delay to make sure they are holding. Then they let go just as I was putting my head in the way. The latch caught me right where my spine and skull meet. That was not pleasant...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Ok call me paranoid but I cut a dowel to the proper length to fit each one of the hoods. I was careful that the frunk hood prop fit beneath the latch mechanism so as not to dimple the frunk lid.
gnat wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 am
Last time I was in the frunk before replacing the struts I had forgotten that they were starting to go and the sneaky bastards held it fine for my 60s delay to make sure they are holding. Then they let go just as I was putting my head in the way. The latch caught me right where my spine and skull meet. That was not pleasant...

OceanBlue2000
Fresh out of funny, ask Frunk

Post by OceanBlue2000 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:51 am

32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:14 pm Ok call me paranoid but I cut a dowel to the proper length to fit each one of the hoods. I was careful that the frunk hood prop fit beneath the latch mechanism so as not to dimple the frunk lid.
gnat wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 am
A wood dowel to hold up the trunk? What is this, a beater pick up truck? Uphold the reputation of the marque please. And get some proper driving slippers.
Mike
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand.
2000 Ocean Blue 996 Carrera 2
1982 928 (sold)

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:08 am

OceanBlue2000 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:51 am
32wildbilly wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:14 pm Ok call me paranoid but I cut a dowel to the proper length to fit each one of the hoods. I was careful that the frunk hood prop fit beneath the latch mechanism so as not to dimple the frunk lid.
A wood dowel to hold up the trunk? What is this, a beater pick up truck? Uphold the reputation of the marque please. And get some proper driving slippers.
What do you want from a wheat farmer? :roll:

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 am

Oh I've got the driver's slippers...flip flops!
OceanBlue2000 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:51 am