Taking some time out today...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Taking some time out today...

Post by 5chn3ll » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:38 am

...to find a secluded place where I can teach my wife how to use the line locks on our '96 Corvette.

It might be too soon for a James Rockford tutorial, but...that's coming soon as well. The 'Vette can J-turn like no other.

One of my cousins - back in the 80's - had a proper Rockford-gold Firebird. I was HEARTBROKEN when she totaled it.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Taking some time out today...

Post by 32wildbilly » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:58 am

Wait a minute! Your 96 Vette has line locks? I thought that was your Mom's car. Was she the famous "Little old Lady from Pasadena" that Jan and Dean sang about only in a white Vette rather than a brand new shiny red super stock Dodge?
5chn3ll wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:38 am ...to find a secluded place where I can teach my wife how to use the line locks on our '96 Corvette.

It might be too soon for a James Rockford tutorial, but...that's coming soon as well. The 'Vette can J-turn like no other.

One of my cousins - back in the 80's - had a proper Rockford-gold Firebird. I was HEARTBROKEN when she totaled it.

Never gonna make you cry...

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Re: Taking some time out today...

Post by 5chn3ll » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:10 pm

“Race Legal” used to host a 1/8 mile drag strip once a month at Qualcomm (née Jack Murphy) stadium.

I swapped out the Dana 36 rear end and batwing on the ‘Vette with a 3.73 D44 and installed the line locks…

It pulls like a rocket up to…about 110, maybe.

I shamed more than a few kids in Mustangs before RaceLegal shut down. Somewhere I have video of a burnout and launch where I had a giant sheet-metal screw puncture in the pass-side rear tire. It looked AWESOME. Until I got black-flagged.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.