Another Tesla driver idiot...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Re: Another Tesla driver idiot...

Post by gnat » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:42 am

Umm... Not that I like Tesla or anything, but if the requirement is for EVs to make noise and it is making noise, WTF is the problem here???

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:41 am

Here's why I think the NHSTA has a problem with it: If a pedestrian is walking while looking at social media on their phone and hear loud music they will not look up to see if the way is clear from traffic for safe passage because their brain has been absorbed by some worthless crap while the Tesla driver is in the backseat playing video games depending on the "fully automatic" Tesla driving system which is otherwise actively busy communicating with nearby Starlink satellites warning of possible magnetic surges from that pesky sun in addition to looking for an emergency vehicle parked on the side of the road with lights flashing to crash into.

What could possibly go wrong... :shock:

I know. I know. Let Darwinism take care of it.
gnat wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:42 am Umm... Not that I like Tesla or anything, but if the requirement is for EVs to make noise and it is making noise, WTF is the problem here???
Never gonna make you cry...

gnat
Power-drunk moderator

Post by gnat » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:03 am

32wildbilly wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:41 am Here's why I think the NHSTA has a problem with it:
It is actually there for the blind rather than the stupid, but my point stands either way. As long as it is making noise to announce it's presence, ...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:27 am

Point made. While I haven't seen the stats on pedestrian-vehicle accidents where someone stepped out in front of a moving vehicle but my guess is the common sense impaired are at a much higher % than the visually impaired are. Just a guess...
gnat wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:03 am
32wildbilly wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:41 am Here's why I think the NHSTA has a problem with it:
It is actually there for the blind rather than the stupid, but my point stands either way. As long as it is making noise to announce it's presence, ...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:41 pm

Wait this actually sounds fun in a grade school kid kind of way:
Tesla's fixes feature that lets drivers blast farts from exterior speakers after it was found to break federal safety rules
Oh...nevermind:
In a filing with NHTSA this week, Tesla said that "Boombox can enhance the conspicuity of the vehicle to pedestrians" — a pedestrian may look up if they were crossing the street and hear, for instance, the sound of farts getting louder and louder. Still, it acknowledged that regulations prohibit manufacturers from "altering or modifying the sound-emitting capability of the pedestrian warning system."
"We know it is against the regulations, but it's a FART! A really loud FART Man! Don't bogart that joint..."

sigh...children building cars.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:18 am

Ok so maybe not the stupid Tesla driver fault, but mark up another fail for Elon's self driving feature.
Two people are dead and three others are left with serious injuries after the driver of a Tesla Model Y allegedly lost control of the electric car in southern China.

The high-speed run, which was captured on surveillance cameras, shows the vehicle pulling to the side of the road before suddenly gaining speed and weaving through a road in Chaozhou, Guangdong province, barely missing some pedestrians on Nov. 5.

The 55-year-old driver, identified as a former truck driver named Zhan, reaches a top speed of 123 mph as the car knocks a cyclist from their bike and drives into a delivery vehicle before crashing into a building.

Zhan told local media that he tried to slow down in front of his family’s store. However, the vehicle allegedly kept accelerating even after he stepped on the brake pedal.
There is a video of this incident. I'll let ya'll decide to watch it or not.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:05 pm

Elon will say "It didn't crash...success!"

I would say "this time and good thing there wasn't any emergency vehicles on the shoulder with their lights on."

I also ask where the F--k was Darwin when he was needed?"
https://www.ktvu.com/news/tesla-driver- ... eway-video

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:44 pm

So the NHTSA says your cars have a feature that may not comply with intersection and speed rules. Ol Smokey just wants to argue about the word "recall".

Typical...dick.
Elon Musk Responds to NHTSA Recall Of 360,000 Tesla Vehicles; Stock Slumps
"The feature could potentially infringe upon local traffic laws or customs while executing certain driving maneuvers," the NHTSA said.

Tesla (TSLA) - Get Free Report shares moved firmly lower Thursday after the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration said the carmaker will need to recall more than 360,000 of its cars due to risks associated with its self-driving software.

CEO Elon Musk said the word “recall” "for an over-the-air software update is anachronistic and just flat wrong!", a Tweet from his official Twitter account.

The NHTSA said the FSD system may allow Tesla cars to "act unsafe" around intersections and respond "insufficiently" to changes in posted speed limits. Tesla will need to recall around 362,758 cars made between 2016 and 2023, including certain Model S, Model X, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles.

FRUNKenstein
Curator Extraordinaire

Post by FRUNKenstein » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:29 am

32wildbilly wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:05 pm Elon will say "It didn't crash...success!"

I would say "this time and good thing there wasn't any emergency vehicles on the shoulder with their lights on."

I also ask where the F--k was Darwin when he was needed?"
https://www.ktvu.com/news/tesla-driver- ... eway-video

Well, in all fairness, the lady fell asleep in Temecula, so . . .

you-cant-blame-a-girl-for-trying-girl.gif
you-cant-blame-a-girl-for-trying-girl.gif (3.24 MiB) Viewed 816 times
www.kansascityautomuseum.com
Current:
2002 996TT X50, Guards Red
1987 928S4, Guards Red
1987 951, Guards Red
1973 914 2.0 Bahia Red

2006 955S, Lapis Blue
Other toys:
1988 BMW 325i Cabriolet, Alpin Weiss
1987 Bertone X1/9, Verde Chiaro
Gone but not forgotten: 1975 914 2.0, Laguna Blue; 1999 996 C4 Aerokit Black; 1990 964 C2 Guards Red; 2006 955S Arctic Silver

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:41 am

Tesla's love semi trailers. About the biggest things on the hiway and the Tesla system has a problem with seeing and properly reacting.

I'm just saying...
Tesla on Autopilot crashes into stopped truck in Pennsylvania -police

(Reuters) - A Tesla vehicle that was operating on its Autopilot software crashed into a stationary truck on a highway in Pennsylvania on Friday night, police said, adding to scrutiny of the automaker's driver assistance system.

The Tesla was traveling in the middle lane when it struck the rear end of a Freightliner semi-truck that was parked in the same lane and providing traffic control for a right lane closure, the Pennsylvania State Police said on Monday.

The police said the car lost control due to being on Autopilot, adding that the 18-year-old male driver was charged with "careless driving."
In addition: Hey Pennsylvania Hiway department perhaps you should find other ways to provide traffic control for lane closures.