Another Tesla driver idiot...

32wildbilly
Never gonna run around and desert you

Re: Another Tesla driver idiot...

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:49 am

Bad news cycle for Tesla today. This one could have also gone into the "flame on" thread but fits nicely here.
Tesla driver killed in fiery crash hit 90 mph, report says

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — The Tesla driver who died with a passenger in a fiery September crash near Miami accelerated to 90 mph (145 kph) in the seconds before he lost control and smashed into trees, federal investigators said Wednesday — a conclusion disputed by the attorney representing the driver's family.

The National Transportation Safety Board said in a preliminary report that the 20-year-old driver accelerated his 2021 Model 3 sedan as he crossed a Coral Gables intersection to beat a yellow light on a residential street, his speed tripling the 30 mph (49 kph) limit.

The driver lost control as he cleared the intersection and veered left onto the median, where the Tesla glanced off one large tree before before smashing its passenger's side door into a second, the NTSB said. He never hit the brake, the report said, citing five seconds of data recovered from the car's severely damaged event recorder.

The Sept. 13 crash damaged the Tesla's high-voltage lithium-ion battery and the car erupted into flames, killing the driver and his 19-year-old female passenger.
Never gonna make you cry...

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am

*sigh* The driver I can accept but the passenger made a tragic decision to take that joy ride...
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:28 am

It's all fun and games until your car bursts into flames that can't be extinguished with water.

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:57 am

Thank You! I've been trying to put that into words for the last several years.
5chn3ll wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:28 am It's all fun and games until your car bursts into flames that can't be extinguished with water.

5chn3ll
Six shots...or only five?

Post by 5chn3ll » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:58 am

You're welcome. You could show your appreciation with one slight alteration to your will/trust...

Understeer: You will hit the wall with the front end.
Oversteer: You will hit the wall with the rear end.
Horsepower: How hard you will hit the wall.
Torque: How far you will move the wall.

Gone hunting with Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney. Back soon.

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 am

picard face plam.jpeg
picard face plam.jpeg (90.44 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
5chn3ll wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:58 am You're welcome. You could show your appreciation with one slight alteration to your will/trust...

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:27 pm

"Stop signs? We don't stop at Stop Signs! We don't need no stinkin' Stop Signs!"
Tesla to recall nearly 54,000 vehicles that may disobey stop signs

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Tesla Inc will recall 53,822 U.S. vehicles with the company's Full Self-Driving (Beta) software that may allow some models to conduct "rolling stops" and not come to a complete stop at some intersections posing a safety risk.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said the recall covers some 2016-2022 Model S and Model X, 2017-2022 Model 3, and 2020-2022 Model Y vehicles. NHTSA said the feature also known as FSD Beta may allow vehicles to travel through an all-way stop intersection without first coming to a stop.

Tesla will perform an over-the-air software update that disables the "rolling stop" functionality, NHTSA said. Tesla did not immediately respond to a request comment.

Last week, Tesla said the number of FSD beta vehicles in the United States increased to nearly 60,000 from a few thousand at the end of September. Tesla has been testing the improved version of its automated driving software on public roads, but the carmaker and the regulator have said the features do not make the cars autonomous.

Tesla said as of Jan. 27 it was not aware of any warranty claims, crashes, injuries or fatalities related to the recall.
"Laws? We don't need no..." Well you get the rest.
STATE LAWS

Tesla told the auto safety agency it released on Oct. 20 an updated version to introduce the "rolling stop" functionality. The automaker said to use the feature vehicles must be traveling below 5.6 miles (9 km) per hour and no relevant moving cars, pedestrians or bicyclists are detected near the intersection.

The feature, which appeared to violate state laws that require vehicles to come to a complete stop and required drivers to opt-in for what it dubbed "Assertive" mode, drew attention on social media and prompted NHTSA to raise questions with Tesla.
IDIOTS!

Dr_Strangelove
Won't stay Banned

Post by Dr_Strangelove » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:40 pm

"Assertive" mode :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I cut you off, bro, I got my car set to "Verstappen"!
2003 Carrera: Dark Teal Metallic

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 am

Small steps. At least the Teslas have stopped not recognizing a semi-trailer crosswise in the road as a hazard.

I like the comment from the one complainer: "I have to keep my foot above the accelerator pedal as I might have to speed up to prevent someone from hitting me from behind"...wwwaaahhh! Why do I have to actually drive my car!!!??? Wwwwaaahhh!!! I want to put my feet on the dashboard and take a nap...WWWAAAHHH!

JEBUS!
"I have to keep my foot over the accelerator pedal and force the car to keep speed, especially if there is a car close behind me. Otherwise, I'm scared I'll cause the tailing car to hit me," one owner said.

Anyone can report a safety issue with their vehicle to NHTSA, and the complaints are not verified by the agency before they're made public. NHTSA told the Post it's in communication with Tesla about the issue.

According to complaints, the headlights or shadows from vehicles in the oncoming traffic lane sometimes triggered braking. One owner told The Post that a harmless plastic bag several feet ahead of his 2022 Model Y caused the SUV to abruptly slow down. In a long-term review of the 2022 Model Y, the automotive site Roadshow called the SUV "critically flawed" due to the phantom braking issue.

Most new vehicles are equipped with automatic emergency braking (AEB), a feature that stops the car if its sensors register an imminent collision. Tesla's AEB feature appears to be mistakenly identifying hazards that don't exist. The problems seem to have intensified after Tesla removed radar sensors from its vehicles in favor of an array of cameras

32wildbilly

Post by 32wildbilly » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:39 am

Tesla must believe the saying "There is no such things as bad publicity". I think they are incorrect. These fools appear to be doing whatever some crazy azz employee comes up with. "Don't bother checking for legality because it's cool! Pass that doobie"
Tesla recalls 579,000 vehicles over “boombox” function

DETROIT (AP) — Tesla TSLA, -0.17% is recalling nearly 579,000 vehicles in the U.S. because a “Boombox” function can play sounds over an external speaker and obscure audible warnings for pedestrians.

The recall is the fourth made public in the last two weeks as U.S. safety regulators increase scrutiny of the nation’s largest electric vehicle maker. In two of the recalls, Tesla made decisions that violate federal motor vehicle safety standards, while the others are software errors.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website Thursday that the cars and SUVs have what Tesla calls a “Boombox” function that allows drivers to play sounds while the vehicles are moving. This violates federal safety standards that require pedestrian warning noises for electric cars, which make little noise when traveling, the agency says.

The agency says the problem will be repaired with an over-the-air software update that will disable the “Boombox” function. It says the function can be used while the Teslas are in drive, neutral or reverse modes.